« Home | Meet My Team! » | Hyderabad 10k » | Grateful. » | The City Formerly Known as Bangalore » | Harlem Globetrotters...in INDIA! » | Random India Sighting #6 » | Varanasi » | Random India Sighting #5 » | Expats: We Roll Deep » | Reeee-Tesh! » 

Thursday, November 30, 2006 

My Little Black Dress

A few weeks back I realized that I'd packed NOTHING formal to wear to this year's holiday party, so I decided to take a chance and have a dress made. So, I scoured the internet looking for a simple black dress, that could easily be reproduced. I finally found a strapless, black cocktail dress on the J. Crew website. I printed pictures of it from every angle, and headed off to Mebaz to see if they could make it for me in less than 2 weeks!


This is Mebaz. Wall to wall fabric in tons of colors and lots of textures. How in the heck was I supposed to pick the right one for my dress?

With the expert help of the employees at Mebaz, I picked this fabric. Black with a little sheen, and the tiniest bit of stretch. Yep, this was the one. After I picked the fabric, it was time to get measured, pay for the material, labor, and lining. I was told to return one week later for my first fitting.

This is what the dress looked like at my first fitting. You can see the stitches are just temporary, and there was no lining. It was too big, so, they made the proper adjustments and promised me it would be ready for pick up just 2 days later.

Ta-Da! Here's the final product. A simple black strapless dress to wear to this year's holiday party, and probably a wedding or two next year! It was an ordeal, but well worth it because I can now say that I had a dress made for me in India!

Stace- as always, you are gorgeous! And my goodness- you have reduced! The dress is awesome. Handmade- how very couture of you. :)

I think to wear black dresses women looks really nice and great.I like black dress too.Looking to buy traditional indian clothing online today? We offered you for great design indian cloths.

Post a Comment

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.