« Home | My House » | My Room » | I've Arrived! » | Wherever I go... » | Stace the Expat » | Saving Your Inbox » | It's Official, I'm Moving To India » 

Monday, September 04, 2006 

Busy Little Sunday



Sunday was my first day venturing out into the city. A met up with a few coworkers around noon, and headed to brunch at the Taj Krishna (a hotel here in Hyderabad). Brunch was incredible! There was a lot of good food, including fresh fruit, green salad, and a chocolate fountain. The highlight of brunch was definitely the Sri Lankan folk band that looked a bit more like a Mexican Mariachi band. They came over to our table, and even took requests! We heard “Hotel California” by the Eagles, then a fun little song called “Welcome to India”. They ended their stay at our table with a Sri Lankan folk song. My coworkers enjoyed it so much that they bought their CD.

After brunch, Joel and I headed off to run errands. We stopped at 4-5 different shops and stores. We saw bedspreads, pillows, figurines, jewelry, bags, purses, curtains, and more! Everything is so colorful and intricate. I surprisingly didn’t buy anything, but it was nice to see what’s out there. In the coming weeks, I’ll definitely buy a few things for my room, to make it more “homey”.

My day of brunching and shopping really wore me out! Our driver dropped me off at home around 5:00pm. Some of the expats had dinner/drinks plans at a local restaurant, but I had to decline. I was getting pretty tired. Sunday night is the one night each week that our staff has off, so I took to the kitchen. Dinner consisted of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some Pringles, and an apple juice. I’m suddenly in 2nd grade again! It actually was just right, as I wasn’t very hungry, anyway. I started to watch a movie, but was fast, fast asleep before 9pm.

This morning I woke up at 6:30am. I think my body is finally getting used to the time difference! I called Sean – it is so nice to hear his voice. It makes it feel like we’re a closer (in distance) than we actually are. It’s so weird, as I am waking up and beginning my Monday, Sean, and everyone else in California, are eating dinner, and settling in on Sunday evening. I’m living in the future!

This morning I was greeted by our cook, a plate of French toast, and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. I ate breakfast, read the newspaper (The Hindu), and got picked up around 9:15am for work.

My first (real) day at work was good. The work day starts here at 9:30am, and ends at 6:30pm. (There are no 7am shifts here, Katie!) I still haven’t decided if I am going to work out in the morning, or in the evenings. I’ll suppose I’ll figure it out soon enough.

I just realized that I haven't uploaded many pictures with ME in them. I'll work on that. I mean, I have to prove that I am actually here, right?

Wait a second...I thought you were working in India, not Mexico. Aren't those the guys who come sing to you in restaurants like El Torrito? It's like you're still in California! Sweet!

Adios!
-K2

Post a Comment

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.