« Home | Golconda Fort » | My boxes arrived! » | Random India Sighting #2 » | Fun Weekend! » | Livin' Like an Indian Princess » | The Sweetest Thing » | "Traffic" in India » | Spicy in India is Different than Spicy in the US » | It's a Small World » | Today I Discovered Yoga » 

Monday, September 25, 2006 

Charminar

Sitting atop Charminar in Old City, Hyderabad.

Charminar

A Really Good Thief or a Purse Salesman

After our visit to Golconda Fort, we stopped for a quick lunch, then ventured off to Charminar. This was the busiest, loudest part of the city I have been in so far. Wall to wall people, cars, rickshaws, bikes, peddlers, beggars, & vendors! It was an unbelievable site. There, we climbed to the top of Charminar, walked the streets, & did a little window shopping. Rather than me try to explain what Charminar is...Click Here to learn more.

My day-to-day life here is much like home: at the office all day, at the gym at night, dinner and TV time at home in the evenings. We are in a bit of a bubble, I guess. Our visit to Golconda and Charminar really made me feel like I am in a foreign country. It was great to learn some of Hyderabad's history, and see some sights. Let me know if you want to see more pictures. I can send you a link to my web albums.

Dude- I definitely want to see more pics. I really can't believe how large and crowded Charminar looks. The guy with the handbags sort of reminds me of the streets of nyc. Do you like the cities, or are they overwhelming? Do you prefer the bubble, or would you like to get out more? This new world of yours seems incredible.

Love ya!!

I can't believe how amazing everything is!! What a cool weekend. Thanks for all the updates - I love following your blog! Its my break from work a few days a week :) Miss you girlie!!!

This is awesome! You better come home with a lot of cool stuff! The blog is such a good idea, its a good way to keep all of us in the loop!

D

Purses galore! Miss you!

Post a Comment

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.