« Home | Twenty Four » | Charminar » | Golconda Fort » | My boxes arrived! » | Random India Sighting #2 » | Fun Weekend! » | Livin' Like an Indian Princess » | The Sweetest Thing » | "Traffic" in India » | Spicy in India is Different than Spicy in the US » 

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 

Happy Birthday Spacy


Work was great; my team decorated my desk with streamers and balloons, and gathered around me to sing Happy Birthday! Each of them took the time to stop by my desk to shake my hand and say, “Many happy returns of the day to you!” (I guess that’s what they say here on birthdays).

I returned home to find a special present in my room from our house staff. Suravanan, our chef, made me a beautiful fruit salad (as fancy as you’d see at a nice hotel) and wrote me a little note that everyone on staff signed – it was precious.

Dinner at Little Italy was really great. There were about 15 of us there celebrating my birthday and bidding farewell to Tuyen and Jenni, who both head back to Mountain View tomorrow. They will be missed!

I was lucky enough to get two birthday cakes this year: one from my team at work, and another at dinner from the expats. The best part is that on both cakes, my name was spelled S-P-A-C-Y! I think I may have picked up another nickname…the list just keeps growing.

Thank you for all of the calls, emails, e-cards, voicemails, and
well wishes! My 24th birthday was fantastic!

Woo hoo Spacy!! Welcome to the world of 24. Glad you had a great day!

How cute is your little ice cream thing?! Gelato? It's confirmed...you are definitely cooler than Paris Hilton. A party in India, a party in Little Italy, a party in CA and a party in NYC (K1 and I threw them in your honor). I'm glad you had such a fun day. Send more pics of the party!!!

Hi Stacy,
I loved seeing your birthday picture. I could just hear your laughter. I'm so please everyone is being so kind to you in making you feel at home.
You are a beauitful young lady. Love, Grandma

Post a Comment

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.