« Home | My Team's Q4 Offsite » | Funny Marriage Classifieds » | Christmas in Hyderabad! » | Elephant Ride in Jaipur » | The Taj Mahal » | Travel Update: Taj Mahal » | I love it here because... » | Hyderabad Holiday Party » | My Little Black Dress » | Meet My Team! » 

Monday, December 18, 2006 

First Train Trip: HAMPI

This past weekend, Anna, Charise, David, Jeff, Mahin and I went to Hampi, a small rural area southwest of Hyderabad. You can't fly there, because there's no airport, so we took a 12 hour overnight train on Friday.

Highlights of the trip...

1. Riding scooters! This was the first time in nearly 4 months that I've operated a motorized vehicle (scary, I know...but SO fun!). I drove on the left side of the road, and didn't crash! I named my scooter White Lightning because it was white, and it was fast...I'm pretty sure it's from the 80s - what do you think?


2. Shopping! I bought some fun jewelry, a few India tshirts to take home as gifts, and an awesome handcarved elephant!

3. Peace and Quiet. Hampi was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle that I've become accustomed to here in Hyderabad (a city with over 6 million people). For the first time since being in India, I didn't hear any honking, or traffic noise -- it was FANTASTIC!


A few lowlights from the trip...

1. Sunburn. I guess I haven't been out in the sun much lately (too much work). I got a pretty nice farmer's tan sunburn to rock when I get home this week. Oh well, some sun is better than no sun, I suppose.


2. Jeff's Crash & Burn. Yep, Jeff was the only one of us to crash on his scooter, the Green Hornet. Luckily, he wasn't going very fast at all, and only suffered a few cuts and bruises. He picked himself up -- and kept right on riding! Nice work, Jeff!

For my entire album of photos from this weekend, click here.

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.