« Home | 3 Day Weekend...Going to Goa » | Too Funny » | Relaxing Weekend in Mahabalipuram » | American Idol...in INDIA! » | Silly Stace » | Fun Weekend in Hyd » | Back in India » | Christmas in Florida! » | My bags are packed... » | First Train Trip: HAMPI » 

Monday, January 29, 2007 

Goa

Goa was definitely one of my favorite places in India. I felt like I was in an entirely different country because the architecture was so unique. Goa was settled by the Portuguese, and only in the last 40 years or so became an Indian state. The Spanish tiled roofs, colorful buildings, and churches everywhere definitely make Goa stand out.

Our weekend was great. On Friday, Karen and I rented a scooter ($5 for the entire day) and rode around all over North Goa. We estimated that I drove over 65 kilometers that day -- I even drove on REAL roads, like, BUSY REAL roads! I even passed a few people that were going too slow! Super proud of myself, and my foreign country driving skills!


Saturday we went to Anjuna beach and spent the day enjoying the sun and the water! The people watching in Goa was so much fun -- a great mix of locals and foreigners! Saturday night we went to a HUGE bazaar (the biggest I've seen in India). Tons of locals, and hippies, were selling all sorts of stuff. We ate dinner there, then headed to Club Cubana, this really cool nightclub on top of a hill. We had a few drinks, then headed back to our hotel.

Sunday, I slept in a bit. I spent the morning walking around Panjim, taking pictures. I met up with Anna and Katrin for lunch, then, it was time to go to the airport. Here are a few of my favorite pics from this weekend. For the entire album, click here.

St. Sebastian's Church

Small chapel in Old Goa

Anjuna Beach

The beach looks incredible. I'll be there next weekend! Glad to read you had a great extended weekend. SWEET!

Post a Comment

Stacy Does India is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.